St. Louis Business Intelligence User Group (SLBIUG) Meeting
August 9, 2016
1-4 PM with lunch provided by Pyramid Analytics at 12:30 PM
Microsoft St. Louis Office, Three City Place Drive, Suite 1100, St. Louis, MO 63141.
Parking behind / next to building in garage.
Join Skype Meeting
Join by phone
+13149953160 (USA, Saint Louis) English (United States)
+1 (314) 995-3160 (USA, Saint Louis) English (United States)
Find a local number
Conference ID: 364807462
12:30 PM Registration - Lunch Provided by Pyramid Analytics
1:00 PM SSAS
2:45 PM Break
3:00 PM Overview of Pyramid Analytics
3:45 PM Q&A and Wrap up
· Background on SSAS
· Key Differentiators between Multi-Dimensional and Tabular modes
· Deeper into SSAS Tabular
· Planning for Different Use Cases
· HA Techniques
· Model Processing Approaches
· Backup Strategy
· When things go wrong
About Rob:Rob Reilly is an Application Development Manager at Microsoft. Rob earned a BS in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering from Parks College of Saint Louis University and a BS in Computer Science from Webster University. The first 10 years of Rob’s professional career he was an electronics manufacturing engineer at companies like Motorola, Ericsson and Bose. In 2003 Rob changed direction and got into IT working for MasterCard. While at MasterCard Rob worked on key large infrastructure efforts as a web administrator and architect. Rob was the architect for MasterCard’s Data Warehouse. In this role he architected, implemented, integrated, secured and supported Analytical and BI solutions for internal and external customers. He piloted and championed the deployment of the Microsoft BI Stack at MasterCard, going from start to deployment into production and PCI certified in 6 months. Rob has supported SSAS Tabular instances that Microsoft believes to be the largest deployed. His focus today in his role at Microsoft is to aid his customer teams in being successful in their application development approach to people, process and technology. When not working Rob spends time with his wife, son, daughter, 3 cats and two dogs, doing Brazilian Ju-Jitsu or working on his AC Cobra Kit Car.
Pyramid Analytics’ industry-leading Modern BI platform balances IT control and business user success. It offers enterprise capabilities such as advanced data modeling, self-service data discovery, interactive dashboards, and narrative reporting on any device. Here’s what makes Pyramid Analytics unique:
· A true analytics platform that combines the security and stability of IT governance with the flexibility and utility of user-driven analysis
· A scalable platform that supports the volume and variety of data, subject areas, and users across the enterprise
· The BI Office collaboration engine lets users share analysis, comments, and context to bring the power of the collective to every decision
· Enterprise-grade, role-based security that enables the right access for the appropriate audiences across the platform – even down to the cell level of content
· Merging advanced visuals and powerful analytics provides real-world utility, and gives users the power to answer challenging organizational questions.
Hear about these unique capabilities as well as Pyramid's integration with Power BI.
About Andrew:Andrew is a results oriented sales and management professional striving to help companies unlock the power of their data. He has spent several years managing a consulting organization that built custom BI solutions from the Microsoft platform. Seeing how companies struggled with BI and complex builds, led him to join Pyramid Analytics where BI is made simple, putting the power of BI in the end users hands with the governance of IT.
PASS Summit 2016 Seattle, WA October 24-28
2016 Pass Conference Discount Code!
Use the Discount Code: LC15MTQ9 when you register for the 2016 PASS Conference and receive $150 off the conference fee! This is a unique code which will give the STLSSUG & BI User Groups credit for your attendance.